Friday, October 10, 2014

Halloween Wood Panels with Safari animals

Hello and Happy Friday!

Tina here today with a fun Halloween project!


Halloween is my favorite holiday and I ALWAYS love creating projects for it!  I love the colors, the themes, and fall in general.  I had been racking my brain for a way to use the adorable animal chipboard pieces, when it hit me!  Why not create a whimsical Halloween project, embellishing them for the season.

To begin, I built texture on a wood panel, using the Hexagon Confetti mask and embossing paste.  I added several shades of Shimmerz sprays, letting them pool around the embossed areas.



To create my fun little animal chipboards, I added several shades of Distress paints and Shimmerz paints for color.  Once they were dry, I added a layer of crackle paint.  To add more vintage goodness, I added Distress stain to each piece, letting the stain seep into the cracks.





Animal Chips used:
Hippo
Rhino 

I added more chipboard pieces and paper embellishments to each panel to complete my mini Halloween scene.

Chips used:
Grid Border
Layered Pumpkins

I would LOVE to see what you create with the fun and whimsical animal chipboard pieces!  Please share them with us!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!

2 comments: