Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Using Chipboard to create Art Journal Pages

Hello and Happy Tuesday!  Tina here today with a way to use chipboard on your Art Journal Pages.

Often, when I am creating Art Journal pages, I like to use lots of mediums, such as paint, ink, and sprays.  Many of my pages receive their texture from using these mediums with stamps and stencils.  

I wanted more of a dimensional feel to this particular page, so I used chipboard to enhance my theme and message.  Chipboard is a great alternative to stamps and stencils and lets you create projects that are meant to be touched.


I 'built' the background of my Art Journal page with various sprays and paints, layering multiple colors for an interesting effect.  I wanted to incorporate circles into my page, so I also used the Circle Confetti Mask on the background.

To create texture and dimension, I adhered an entire package of DIY Printer Block Alphas.   I placed them randomly around the edge of my page, creating a border of alphas.  (prior to adhering the alphas to my page, I painted each with a thin coat of gesso)


I painted each letter with contrasting colors so they would stand out from the background. Using an old credit card, I 'painted' hash marks over the alphas.  In addition, I used the edge of various circular objects to create the circles around each letter. 



I typed my journaling quote and adhered it to my page and added a few doodles around the edge to make it complete.


Do you use chipboard on your Art Journal pages?  Please share your UmWowStudio projects with us.  We would LOVE to see your inspiring creations!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!



6 comments:

  1. with yellow being my favorite color of the universe ...I was really drawn to this page with all the alphas scattered along the border! Favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love layouts that are dimensional and so many wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh!! I adore how you used all the alphas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the page and love the saying you used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful quote on such a beautiful AJ page!

    ReplyDelete