Friday, July 4, 2014

Nature's Artistry by Miae

Hi everyone,

Miae here to share a bright and cheery page (and speaking of cheery...Happy 4th of July for those celebrating!).  This page is about mother nature's amazing artistic ability (and oops I meant to spell ARTISTRY!). That butterfly in the photo is called the Owl Butterfly...easy to see why, right? Mother nature designed those wings perfectly!


I wanted to convey an organic feel here and the Damask Mask worked perfectly. To create part of the background, I misted the damask shape onto the cardstock, I also "stamped" with the mask, and finally I mixed green paint with molding paste and masked the damask shape.  


And of course I had to use one of the Layered Butterflies to complement this page. I covered it with Snow-Tex and dabbed green paint over it.


To balance the page, I added butterflies to the right side using May Arts Butterfly ribbon, and a dash of pink using a Layered Circles chipboard cut in half and painted pink and stamped. I think the VLVS tree stamp is just beautiful and helps add to the movement. 


Enjoy your day!

Supplies:
UWS Layered Butterflies
UWS Layered Circles
UWS Damask Mask

VLVS Tree Stamp
May Arts Butterfly Ribbon
Dylusions Ink - Cut Grass
Shimmerz Vibez - Hermit the Frog, Redy or Not
Glimmer Mist - Cupid
MME Washi tape
Stazon Ink - Cactus Green
Ranger Archival Ink - Jet Black
Prima Alphas


5 comments: