Monday, December 30, 2013

Pantone 2014

Hi there! It's Miae here at the end of 2013 to take a look at a subject about 2014....color!

Pantone released their color of the year for 2014, Radient Orchid and I thought it would be fun to make a page dedicated to the new up and coming color, get that purple out of my system, yeah!

UmWowStudio has such unique looking chipboards, so of course I wanted to use a standout one to represent Radient Orchid. I chose the Cicada Bug with it's beautiful, slightly asymmetrical wings.


After applying a layer of gesso, I covered the Cicada with Distress Paints and other acrylics. Then I added some glitter. 

Because the page is monochromatic I wanted to make sure the Cicada didn't get lost in the background. The Hexagon Background chipboard in a contrasting color came in handy. I colored it with gold acrylic paint and cut the shape down. I also used the Circle Confetti Mask all over the background to give it dimension and variability. 



And there you have it, my "....harmony of fuchsia, purple, and pink undertones"!

Supplies:
UWS Cicada Bug
UWS Hexagon Background
UWS Circle Confetti Mask

Distress Paint in Seedless Preserves and Mowed Lawn
Dylusions in Funky Fuchsia and Bubblegum Pink
Adirondack Color Wash in Wild Plum
Lumiere in Halo Violet Gold
Daler & Rowney Liquid Acrylic in Moon Violet
Shimmerz Vibes in Princess
Ranger Embossing Powder in Seafoam White
Stazon in Royal Purple and Vibrant Violet
Distress Ink in Victorian Velvet
Faber Castel in #133 Magenta
Kroma Crackle medium
Stamps by Unity, Stampers Anonymous, Hampton Art and Recollections






2 comments: