Saturday, July 2, 2011

Unofficial CC Blog #2 !!

Welcome to the 2nd blog hop put together by a bunch of great gals over at CropChocolate!!



I'd like to make the announcement officially that the final ten members of the CropChocolate Chocolatiers (CC's Design Team) Have been chosen.. INCLUDING ME!! -insert big whoop whoop holler here!!-

I think it was a fantastic idea to do TWO Blog hops as they can get pretty long sometimes -- and we all like to have super sweet comments left :) which is easier when there are fewer blogs to see!

I know everything you've seen today has been fantastic! There has been lots of "OOOhing and AAAhing" over the possibilities with distress ink, so I wanted to share one more example I've done! I have posted this card previously on my blog, but it's new for those CCers of you who haven't been here before and I love how well the ink worked.



This beauty was done on a manilla tag and Making Memories paper --- I inked up the tag and stamped my Viva Las Vegastamps! image in black momento tuxedo ink. Then I did a bit of fussy cutting leaving the straight edges on the bottom and most of the side. For the coffee rings I swiped my pad over a non stick mat and spritzed with a small amount of water... the rings were made from a small candle jar which I always have on hand just for this use! (there is also a huge pickle jar under my desk for when I want a much larger ring!) I used two distress inks on this.. Spiced Marmalade and Black Soot --- =D

Now that you've seen what I have for you scoot on over to Kendahl's Blog and see what she's got in store!!!

---Thanks! DeeDee (D²)

18 comments:

  1. Magnificent! I think you're the Queen of Inking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the circle's. What an awesome job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats DeeDee, I love the card too! RnoAngel0712

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it! It looks like the pumpkin had an accident ... Tee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that coffee stain look! I am going to need to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this coffee stain technique you've been doing lately, a new fav of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never thought of the coffee stain idea. Thanks for sharing!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats DeeDee!! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dee Dee Contratulations on being chosen for the Chocolatiers. I love everything you post!!! Great halloween card! thanks for sharing

    mommyx2 from cc

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa... I didn't know I was supposed to be getting coffee stains on my LO's!! hehehehe..
    Really looked great. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the rings, never knew how to do this thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am not a huge fan of halloween things in general but this card is really eyecatching and I love how you used the inks! Inks are something I haven't branched into yet but the more I see them used the more I think I would like to try them. I will have to come back again for more tips on using them. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this! I was wondering how you did the coffee rings...I've seen stamps like that before, so I was wondering if you had one of those, but of course you're much more resourceful! Must try that myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job Dee Dee.......I love your style of stamping and distressing!! Wow I didn't even know Viva Las Vegastamps was still around. The staining with jars is so great....shows you can use just about any thing that most people would have around the house!!

    ReplyDelete