Saturday, June 11, 2011

1.. 2.. 3 - A layout!

This layout is all about accomplishments... mine and Gabe's!!

I knocked out THREE projects with one in this beauty, and I thank goodness... because right now I have A LOT of stuff on my plate!!



FIRST - I'll be submitting this to Sketch Thursdays for the July Guest Designer spot -- I was nominated once before (barely beat by the other gal, I swear!) and just recently I got SKETCHY THURSDAYS FAVE!!! which is ABSOLUTELY amazing. I feel super honored.. the amount of fantastic work that gets submitted there is astounding!! The requirements for this current submission were to follow the sketch (creatively speaking, I turned it around flip flopped it and moved a couple things about..), and to take inspiration from two of the three photos they had present.. I took inspiration from the bowl of cherries, that neutral background with the pop of color from the cherries was SO gorgeous! and the 2nd photo of the frozen fruit bars had this amazing golden yellow color that I used.

SECOND - Rachel from CropChocolate asked me to join in on a scraplift challenge; and from the previous 12x12 I took the size, the scallops and the super pretty light blue color.



THIRD - I'll post this LO over @ BigScrapDeal on Monday because I used the Cosmo Cricket line that they have at a SUPER LOW price! so be on the lookout MONDAY for that and all the juicy CHEAP details!




And Gabe's Achievement: HE ROLLS OVER LIKE A PRO!!! 1.. 2.. AND THREE! Bam he's over. no messin' around with this kid. He's been using it to get around the living room floor.. from one side of the room to the other. LOVE IT.

Supplies: Cosmo Cricket THE BOYFRIEND (paper and chipboard), Distress Ink (Vintage Photo and Peeled Paint), Pebbles brad, Making Memories brad, Stretch Your Imagination Cricut Cartridge, Echo Park alpha stickers, Stroll Thickers, Studio G Alpha stamps, Mustard StazOn, Brown Sharpie pen, Miracle Tape from Viva Las Vegastamps!, water and a jar!

6 comments:

  1. Oh i LOVE your haywire layout!! Just the right mix of whacky that i love!!

    Anne Pennington

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love love this Deedee!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the photos and loving the paint circles!! GORGEOUS! Thanks sooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :) :):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, this is very cool. I love your take.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so wonderful!!
    Love it:)
    Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the movement on this page! Thanks for joining us at Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome page, saw it on Sketch Thursdays and have to come over and check your blog. Love the ink.

    ReplyDelete